I’ve pretty much given up traditional cereal – why? Because it’s not really all that healthy. Too much sugar is usually the culprit, but also ingredients that usually aren’t that fantastic. Breakfast cereals were meant to replace fruits and nuts for breakfast – so why not replace the cereal with fruits and nuts?
Raw Cereal Bowl with Protein Banana Mylk
- 1/2 – 1 banana
- 1 scoop protein powder
- 1 c. kefir, yogurt, or nut/non-dairy milk
- 1/3 c. raw buckwheat granola (I used Go Raw’s, but have also made my own. Gena has a great recipe).
- 1 c. fresh or frozen blueberries (thawed if using frozen)
- handful of walnuts (or other nut)
- Sprinkle of cinnamon/maca/lucuma/mesquite
Blend the kefir, banana, and protein powder together.
Combine the raw cereal, blueberries, and nuts in a bowl.
Pour the mylk over the cereal.
Sprinkle with cinnamon or other toppings.