I love Japanese food, but never really think to make it for myself at home. It’s really easy though it does require a handful of ingredients. I usually opt to make some sort of nori roll and seaweed salad at least. Sometimes I’ll make some miso soup too – usually the problem is I just forget what I have since I don’t use it all the time.
- 1 – 2 sheets nori
- fillings:sliced vegetables (avocado, carrots, daikon radish), cream cheese, tofu, crab, hummus
The sky is the limit with the fillings. I opted for some shredded carrots, daikon, avocado and tofu.
- 1 t. wasabi powder (I like the Eden Organics brand)
Add just enough water so that a paste forms.
- 1 t. miso (red or white)
- 1 c. hot (not boiling) water
- Optional: wakame, scallions, tofu, mushrooms
Dissolve the miso in the hot water and add in any of the optionals you desire or enjoy on it’s own.
- Wakame and/or arame, rehydrated
- 1/2 – 1 t. sesame oil
- 1/2 – 1 t. rice wine vinegar
- Gomasio or sesame seeds
Mix the rehydrated wakame or arame (I used both) with the sesame oil and rice wine vinegar, adjusting to taste. Sprinkle with gomasio or sesame seeds.